Men finding the One!

"Brethren, the secret to finding the girl of your dreams is to get to know many of them and then, when you fall in love and it feels right, ask her to marry you. If she says no, you continue to search and to pray until finally you will arrive with that young woman at the altar of the temple. Just don’t give up."

- Elder Uchtdorf 2009 BYU Devotional


Friday 28 October 2011

CES Fireside Say Whaaaat!!

OMGOSH!

That is all that I have to say! It was ahhhh-mazing! I went with a couple of the girls from my new ward, Laverne and Latoya who are twins in the YSA! Anyway, they are crack up as. Ahh Laverne just rocked up to a group of guys and introduced herself and me and Latoya cracked up laughing. It was just hilarious :D she is gutsy and courageous but never me! One day I may be but nope not this night!

The fireside was 40 mins drive away but that was alright because I got to see Brisbane at night! Brisbane even has a SINGLES WARD I found out! I think that would be completely desperate to go to a Singles Ward which is deep in the city as there is only ONE! To travel soo far anyway :D

There were a few speakers that night, and songs and we even got to see who is leaving for missions which was pretty freaking amazing I must say because I look up to missionaries as they are the ones that taught me the gospel and changed my life forever - and for the better I must say! Then we listened to Elder Uchtdorf for 45 odd minutes as he talked inspirationally about meeting the right one and making the right choices and marrying in the temple and how to take a chance and if you are rejected get back up on your feet! She/He could be the One :)

Like he said in his talk...

"Riches of eternity is yours"
-Elder Uchtdorf 



Some points made in his speech:

- "Too many go about their lives thinking they are of little worth when, in reality, they are elegant and eternal creatures of infinite value with potential beyond imagination."

-"Think of where you came from. You are sons and daughters of the greatest, most glorious being in the universe. He loves you with an infinite love. He wants the best for you."

-"Another error you might easily make in dating is expecting to find perfection in the person you are with. The truth is, the only perfect people you might know are those you don’t know very well. Everyone has imperfections. Now, I’m not suggesting you lower your standards and marry someone with whom you can’t be happy. But one of the things I’ve realized as I’ve matured in life is that if someone is willing to accept me—imperfect as I am—then I should be willing to be patient with others’ imperfections as well. Since you won’t find perfection in your partner, and your partner won’t find it in you, your only chance at perfection is in creating perfection together."

-"Brethren, the secret to finding the girl of your dreams is to get to know many of them and then, when you fall in love and it feels right, ask her to marry you. If she says no, you continue to search and to pray until finally you will arrive with that young woman at the altar of the temple. Just don’t give up."

-"Your Father in Heaven knows the desires of your heart.,, but this I can tell you: the righteous desires of your hearts will be fulfilled."

-"Be faithful, and things will work out for you. That is His eternal promise to all who love and honor Him."





No comments:

Post a Comment